Brain Injury Continuing Ed
Meeting Taking PlaceThe Brain Injury Education Series is designed for medical professionals, survivors of brain injuries and their spouses and families. The program is offered free through a grant from the Rhode Island Department of Human Services.
|The multiple-part series offers lectures from Sargent Center medical and educational experts, as well as experts from throughout New England.
Some of our topics for professionals have included:
- The Invisible Impairment: Cognitive Deficits Following Brain Injury
- Neurobehavioral Challenges to Community Re-Integration
- Medical Complications following Brain Injury
- Academic Challenges of Students with Brain Injury
Topics for survivors and families have included:
- Modifying the Home for Optimal Function and Recovery
- Brain Power: Tools You Can Use
- Rediscovering the Self after Brain Injury
- Accessing Resources for Productive Living After a Brain Injury